Stuffed animals and puppets are one of the best toys for children. Not only do they encourage imaginative play, they can also become your child’s constant companion in childhood, providing both fun and a comforting sense of security, even in new and unfamiliar situations. Even though children eventually outgrow the use of stuffed animals as security objects, a high quality stuffed animal can remain a treasured possession full of happy childhood memories into adulthood, and in some cases can even become a beloved family heirloom.
Here are 10 adorable and high quality stuffed animals that might just become your child’s lifetime friend:
1. Aurora Plush Flopsie Moose
There’s something pleasantly goofy-looking about moose, and this fluffy, floppy stuffed moose is no exception – he is sure to delight kids and adults alike! Recommended for ages 3+.
2. Cuddlekins Wolf
This friendly wolf is Amazon’s highest rated stuffed animal for good reason! At 30 inches long (with his tail bringing it to nearly 40), he’s almost as big as an average toddler and super soft, so he’s great for cuddling and could even be used as a pillow, in a pinch. He has realistic markings and is lots of fun to pose. Recommended for ages 3+.
3. Douglas Bernie Beagle
This cheerful beagle looks ready to jump up and lick your face! Soft and huggable, Bernie is recommended for ages 24 months and older.
4. Folkmanis Snowy Owl Hand Puppet
Folkmanis is one of the world’s leading puppet manufacturers and this soft and beautiful snowy owl makes a perfect gift for owl lovers or young Harry Potter fans who want a Hedwig of their very own. Recommended for ages 3+.
5. Gund Philbin Bear
Gund has been one of the most popular stuffed animal manufacturers for over 100 years, and Philbin is one of their very cutest teddy bears. Soft and huggable, he is 18 inches long, and recommended for kids aged 12 months and up. In addition to chocolate, Philbin is also available in light brown and beige.
6. Jellycat Bashful Bunny
This incredibly soft and adorable bunny with big floppy ears makes a perfect gift for newborns and other young infants. The bunny comes in four sizes: small (7 inches), medium (12 inches), large (14 inches), and huge (20 inches). Suitable for all ages.
7. Mary Meyer Earthmates Peanutzzzz
This cheerful elephant is not only adorable, but also eco-friendly! He is made from 100% recycled plastic water bottles. Because he’s fully stuffed, Peanutzzzz is stiff rather than floppy, but stands up well on his own and is great for play. Recommended for ages 3 months and up.
8. Melissa & Doug Giraffe Plush
A handsome fellow that is sure to make your kids’ jaws drop! At nearly 5 feet tall, this sturdy, realistic looking giraffe is a little large to cuddle with, but he loves hugs and makes a cool addition to any nursery or playroom. Recommended for ages 3+.
9. Steiff Classic 1920 Teddy Bear
If you love the classics, you can’t go wrong with this handsome bear! Steiff was one of the first companies to make teddy bears, and this particular model has been delighting children since 1920 with its soft fur and poseable limbs.
10. Wild Republic Plush Giant Squid
If you’d like a stuffed animal that’s a little out of the ordinary, check out this awesome giant squid! Anatomically correct, yet cute, this super soft cephalopod is a great addition to any stuffed animal menagerie. Recommended for ages 3+.
What are your favorite stuffed animals for kids?
- 10 Books That Will Help You Get Better Grades in English Class - August 24, 2017
- 10 Great Cookbooks for Beginning a Vegan Diet - August 24, 2017
- 10 Swoon-Worthy Historical Romance Novels Not Set in the Regency Era - April 27, 2017
- 10 LGBT Love Stories With Happy Endings - January 23, 2017
- 5 Nonfiction Books About Emerging Diseases - January 22, 2017
- 10 Gripping Nonfiction Books About Deadly Natural Disasters - January 21, 2017
- 10 Books That Are Becoming Movies in 2017 - December 31, 2016
- 5 Cookbooks To Make the Most of Your Spiralizer - July 23, 2016
- 10 Amazing Coloring Books For Adults - December 30, 2015
- 10 Great Play Food Sets From Melissa & Doug - December 10, 2015