If you are trying to eat more fruits and veggies or fewer grains, a spiralizer such as the Paderno World Cuisine Tri-Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer can be your new best friend in the kitchen. It allows you to turn fruits and vegetables such as zucchini, cucumbers, carrots, and beets into delicious, nutritious, and low-carb noodles for pasta dishes, soups, and more. Spiralizers make especially good gifts for vegans, vegetarians, and people following low carb or gluten-free diets such as paleo or Atkins.
Here are 5 great cookbooks that will help you make the most of your spiralizer:
- Inspiralized: Turn Vegetables into Healthy, Creative, Satisfying Meals, by Ali Maffucci
The book that started the spiralizer craze! Ali Maffucci will guide you through dozens of delicious and nutritious recipes for creative soups, salads, sides, pasta, and even breakfast and dessert using 20 different fruits and vegetables. It also includes advice about the proper use and cleaning of your spiralizer, how to avoid water sauces due to the high water content of vegetable noodles, and other useful tips.
2. Inspiralize Everything: An Apples-to-Zucchini Encyclopedia of Spiralizing, by Ali Maffucci
Ali Maffucci’s follow-up to Inspiralized is an encyclopedia of spiralizing, organized by the type of fruit or vegetable and including custom tips, nutrition information, and recipes for each one.
3. Spiralize It!: Creative Spiralizer Recipes for Every Type of Eater, by Kenzie Swanhart
Another very popular spiralizer cookbook, written by a paleo blogger. Spiralize It! includes lots of tips and tricks in addition to a variety of recipes for everything from classic comfort foods like spiralized “mac” and cheese and pork fried “rice” to unique raw vegan creations.
4. Nourishing Noodles: Spiralize Nearly 100 Plant-Based Recipes for Zoodles, Ribbons, and Other Vegetable, by Chris Anca
Despite the unique creations developed by spiralizer bloggers like Ali Maffucci and Kenzie Swanhart, the most popular use for spiralizers continues to be vegetable noodles, especially zucchini noodles, or “zoodles.” This cookbook offers almost 100 unique and delicious recipes for different types of vegetable noodles, including both raw and cooked noodle salads, entrees, and even breakfasts!
5. Healthy Spiralizer Cookbook: Flavorful and Filling Salads, Soups, Suppers, and More for Low-Carb Living, by Rockridge Press
This spiralizer cookbook offers 101 recipes using a variety of spiralized fruits and vegetables, with a focus on low carb and gluten-free recipes. It also includes helpful tips for using your spiralizer, and nutiritional information for each recipe.
- 10 Books That Will Help You Get Better Grades in English Class - August 24, 2017
- 10 Great Cookbooks for Beginning a Vegan Diet - August 24, 2017
- 10 Swoon-Worthy Historical Romance Novels Not Set in the Regency Era - April 27, 2017
- 10 LGBT Love Stories With Happy Endings - January 23, 2017
- 5 Nonfiction Books About Emerging Diseases - January 22, 2017
- 10 Gripping Nonfiction Books About Deadly Natural Disasters - January 21, 2017
- 10 Books That Are Becoming Movies in 2017 - December 31, 2016
- 5 Cookbooks To Make the Most of Your Spiralizer - July 23, 2016
- 10 Amazing Coloring Books For Adults - December 30, 2015
- 10 Great Play Food Sets From Melissa & Doug - December 10, 2015